Thursday, March 8, 2012

Last Barriers by Donald Muir Bradburn

When I first saw this book, I knew I had to have a copy. I intended to give it as a gift to someone who didn't realize just how beautiful Mississippi's coast is, but once I started looking through it I couldn't part with it. Last Barriers now occupies a place of honor on my coffee table so I can flip through it often. The photographs are spectacular, presenting the region in all seasons.

While the photographs are the meat of the book, the essay detailing the efforts of Dr. Bradburn and many others to preserve the beauty of the coast make great reading. I'm glad the national seashore has been preserved and appreciate it even more knowing the hard work that went into that preservation effort.

I want to thank Dr. Bradburn for his efforts to preserve the coast and sharing his beautiful photographs with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment