Monday, August 9, 2010

Carmen Wilkinson at Lincoln County Public Library

From Donna Kenney:

Wilkinson Art Exhibit at the Library




Visit the Lincoln County Public Library during August and view “The Drumbeat of My Heart”, an exhibit of the paintings of Carmen Wilkinson of Meadville. Although she has only been painting a year, Mrs. Wilkinson’s work has already been exhibited in several libraries and galleries across the state. A self-taught artist, Mrs. Wilkinson says, “I pour out my soul and emotions onto canvas. When I began painting I knew for the first time EVER who I was. I know my purpose in life and why I am here. That is an awesome feeling!”

Mrs. Wilkinson considers herself a contemporary expressionist. She is a prolific, passionate painter whose ultimate goal is having her work hang in a New York City gallery. “I want to leave my footprints on the hearts of others,” she says.

Born and raised in Mississippi, Mrs. Wilkinson says you should always remain true to yourself regardless of what other people think. All her work is original. “I don’t try to ‘conform’ to what others think or want. I give God full credit for my ability and talents as well as the wonderful friendships I have encountered along the way.” Her life’s mission statement is “God created us to create.” The public is invited to view the exhibit free of charge. To view a selection of Ms. Wilkinson’s work on line, visit http://www.carmenw.weebly.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment