Friday, October 9, 2009

Picture of the week


Early this summer I found an envelope full of a town wide Halloween party. The pictures were taken in downtown Brookhaven. I know that for some people Halloween has taken on a "demonic" image, but when I was a kid Halloween was fun. It looks like in 1948 many people thought Halloween was fun. It sure looks like they were having fun. Even Mr. Williams commented "Fun night." Whatever your opinion on Halloween, I'm sure you will enjoy viewing these pictures. If you know anything about this event, please contact me because I can't find anyone who remembers that night.

This publication (or website) is partially funded under the federal Library Services and Technology Act administered by the Mississippi Library Commission for the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment